Welcome to the Blog

Welcome to the (we)b-log!
Thanks for following along!
If you haven't already, visit the site: paddletheicw.com

HERE IS A PERMANENT LINK FOR PHOTOS




____________________________________________

6.23.08

Sorry I have been so lax in updating this blog the last week or so (basically since I got to the Chesapeake Bay) it’s just that I haven’t had great cell phone service and when I have it seems like I have been really busy, it has been quite an interesting few days. First of all, I had the most amazing time on Smith Island, I learned so much there about the Chesapeake Bay. I think I had crabs for almost every meal… soft, caked or steamed. It was so great to hang out with Phil. We paddled a canoe which man I stink at. I never would have made this trip in a canoe. Phil kept yelling at me to stop leaning. Next I paddled to Hooper Island, where I got stuck in a thunderstorm. It seems as though I have been stuck in a storm almost every night this week. At least at this point I had researched what to do in an electrical storm. I felt a little safer because I had the knowledge and knowing is half the battle.
The next day my aunt and uncle came down from Pennsylvania. I had my first on the water company which was great. My uncle paddled with me for a couple of days and it was nice because I was talking but not to myself for once. I was having a hard time keeping up with him, he is must faster then I am. On Sat, it was my father’s birthday. He came down from Baltimore with my sister and mother. Then his grandmother, (my great grandmother) came up from Chincoteague with my great aunt. It was quite a reunion! We had lunch and I hadn’t seen my father since March so that was great. My great grandmother is one of my biggest fans, she follow my blog very closely.
I came out to James Island and camped here Sat night. Yesterday when I woke up I felt like relaxing. Since I had a nice hammock set up I decided to stay for the day. I swam, read and made a feast. I should be Annapolis Tuesday afternoon and then hang out for a day. I am giving my self plenty of time, I am in no rush. I love not having to do 30 miles a day and I love being able to lounge. I know I need to upload pictures; I haven’t had a Wi-Fi connection so I will continue to look for one. When I get to a computer I will upload more info about Smith Island… what a cool place, I learned so much. It will be an easy day about 20 miles to where I am headed. More to come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seth- You forgot to mention that your boat was 2x as heavy has your Uncle J. Glad you had a good spot on James Is.

Anonymous said...

You just have to paddle the right kind of canoe. You want a "kanu," as in outrigger kanu!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again. Give a call when you get back after things settle down. Fair winds.
Al