Welcome to the Blog

Welcome to the (we)b-log!
Thanks for following along!
If you haven't already, visit the site: paddletheicw.com

HERE IS A PERMANENT LINK FOR PHOTOS




____________________________________________

Peanut Butter and Jelly Fish

Yesterday I came out of Oriental, it was awesome. I headed north and I pretty much paddles all day heading east of the Neuse River. As I went through the sound, there was nothing out there, it felt like the ocean. I stopped and had some lunch at a beachy point around broad creek. I paddled until I got to the bay river and found a little cut there. There were very limited places to camp. All day today I saw soo many jelly fish. The night before at the silo barn I had been warned by a diver that the jelly fish were crazy right now and he told me I would see tons of them, well he was right, I must have seen 1000 jelly fish. I don't think there as any time that I looked and didn't see one. These weren't the jelly balls, they were the fish, they were white or purple with tenticles and I knew it was a matter of time before I got stung and sure enough one got wrapped around my paddle and bit me. I was testing my luck after seeing a few good camping spots that afternoon, thinking I would be able to find something better. I was wrong though and ended up having to camp at an awful spot at the end of the road. It was so buggy. the bugs were just out of control, they somehow infiltrated my tent just as I was about to get in for the nigth. It's about 6:30am now (Sat. 5.31.08) I'm heading up to bell haven.

(More to come, including locations...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your description of the jellyfish is hysterical.So they're all male, then? heee heee

Anonymous said...

bummer. I liked the other spelling!

Where are you now? Your blog and Roz Savage's blog (rozsavage.com--sorry if I already gave this to you) are the best adventure-reading on the internet right now. Glad you're taking the ICW route from Beaufort. It sounds like a lot of fun with a lot more varied scenery than along the OBX.