Welcome to the Blog

Welcome to the (we)b-log!
Thanks for following along!
If you haven't already, visit the site: paddletheicw.com

HERE IS A PERMANENT LINK FOR PHOTOS




____________________________________________

Hank's the man

Hank helped me out tremendously again, I came up to South Port and met him about 10 o’clock, we made a plan and a strategy and after lunch I prepared to leave. I left around 4:30 and the tide was a little late switching, but once it finally did I figured I could cruise up the river and get through Snows Cut where Hank and I could meet again on the other side. I was able to cruise up the shipping channel to Wilmington NC, at one point I hit almost 8 miles an hour, I was at 7.7! Once I got through the channel though, I was in only about 3 feet of water, there was a lot of friction and I had no help from the tide and I was struggling. I barley made it to our intended meeting spot. I finally did about 8:30pm.
Hank got me going from that same spot this morning. I hope he caught his ferry; I don’t want to make him late for work especially since it’s his birthday and he went out of his way two days in a row to help me out. Hopefully I am going to meet him again tonight at his cottage which is right on the intracoastal.
Its 11:30am, I just pulled in to Mason Borough Inlet to get some water and some local advice, the guys here were super nice, and I want to thank them. The goal right now is to go another 20 miles to Top Sail Inlet. If I can do that I might take off tomorrow because there is a lot of work I want to do on the website.

No comments: